Monday, July 1, 2013

30 Days Of Creativity - Project 18 - Outside

Sadly today is officially the last day of the #30DoC. As you can see I haven't completed a few remaining challenges as I had hoped but life happens as it did this last week with two of my children getting sick, no sooner was one well then the next got sick. To top all that, I'm a migraine sufferer and was hit with a nasty one the last five days. Kudos to me though for pushing through with my Saturdays swimming lessons - all six of them. Trust me, it was not easy but I couldn't let my kiddies down much less my parents.

As for the 30 day challenge, the thought of going near a laptop screen in my condition was not going to happen so under the circumstances I have decided to finish the challenge with a weeks grace. And so we continue :)

For this theme - Outside, we had so many ideas and plenty super simple. As I have much to catch up, we decided on a bird feeder using the empty Coke bottle from our pizza night the previous dinner. For this craft you will need the following:

1x 2l Coke bottle
2x kebab sticks
Floral wire
Punch
Wild bird seed

Cut off the bottom of the bottle. I used scissors once I pierced a hole to start.
Punch 4 holes in each quarter
Push the kebab sticks through criss-cross - forming a perch for the birds.
Thread and loop the floral wire through 2 opposite punched holes.
Fill with wild bird seeds and hang in the quiet tree at the bottom of the garden.

I love bird watching thanks to a dear friend who introduced me to it when I was 20. I find myself teaching my sons about our local birds all the time. Driving to school, picnics in the park or lazy arvies lazing on the trampoline. The Sasol Birds Of South Africa was one of the best coffee table books my mum ever bought.

Other than the cutting for safety, this craft was fun, quick and so simple that you can leave the kiddies to do it themselves.
A quick 5 minutes too.

1.

Happy Crafting
SunshineMac
#30DoC

No comments:

Post a Comment